Black Alumni for Georgia Southern Scholarship
Established in 2005, this scholarship was created by members of the Black Alumni for Georgia Southern Alumni Group. Georgia Southern College first enrolled African American students during Winter Quarter 1965. However, only six students enrolled. Those students were Clavelia Love Brinson, Arlene Marie Daughtry, Shirley Anne Woodall, Catherine Davis, Ulysee Mosley, and Jessie Zeigler Carter. This scholarship is available to actively enrolled African-American students who are sophomore or junior level and are in good academic standing with the University. The recipient must have a 3.0 GPA or high, must demonstrate financial need, and is renewable.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please submit an essay (1000 words) explaining why you should receive the scholarship.
- Financial Information (This information will be considered when all other factors between applicants are equal)
- 1. Have you ever applied for financial aid at Georgia Southern? Please check one.
- 2. Parents'/Legal Guardians' Income
- 3. Student's Income
- 4. Spouse's Income
- 5. Number in household
- 6. Number in College
- 7. Please indicate any financial circumstances that may affect your ability to attend Georgia Southern University.